Welcome to the official membership publication of Los Padres ForestWatch! It’s printed three times per year and mailed directly to our members as soon as it leaves the printing press, then posted to our website a few weeks later. To protect our natural resources, our newsletter is printed with vegetable-based inks on 100% post-consumer recycled paper that is produced using renewable wind power.
Over the years, our stellar GIS interns have produced maps to help us better understand spatial correlations within the forest and support our advocacy efforts. Here is a selection of some of the work our interns have produced.
- Condor Activity and Oil Well Locations
- Dams within Los Padres National Forest
- San Emigdio Blue Butterfly Survey Findings
- Fire Ignition Locations and Proximity to Nearby Roads
- Listed Critical Habitat within Los Padres National Forest
- Map of the Sespe Oil Field